- We will select a healthy, mature size plant similar to the sample photo.
- Plant will NOT have buds/blooms. May have new growth or spike, not guaranteed.
- Mature leaves on this variety develop tiny spots - plant has been tested and is NOT diseased.
- Produces Beautiful Dark Lavender Blooms in Summer
- Average Plant Height: 12-15"
- Pot Size: 5 1/2"
- Bloom Size: 4-5.5"
- Orchid Care Instructions Included.
This particular clone, Rlc. Sachiko Tsugawa 'Volcano Queen’ is at a mature blooming stage. The parental cross for this clone is Rlc. Chia Lin x Rlc. Haruko Kanzaki. This orchid is planted in a 5 1/2” pot and will produce 4-5.5” blooms as shown in the product photo. Cattleyas are often annual bloomers. This variety tends to be a summer bloomer. However, it is always possible for it to bloom out of season. This plant is NOT currently in bud or flowering now.
General orchid care for Cattleyas include a temperature range of 75-85F during the day and 60F at night. 40-60% humidity is recommended. Bright, shaded light south-east or south-west exposure. Check the media and water only when dry (about 1-2 times/week). We recommend fertilizing with a high phosphorus & potassium slow release blend to develop big blooms. As with all orchids, good air movement is essential. Repot these mature size orchids every 2 years.
Growing instructions are included with every order. Contact us daily via email or phone for additional care questions or concerns.