Tillandsias are air plants. They do not need soil to live. They are easy to care for and don’t require much maintenance.
Each of the hanging tillandsias below are one of a kind. The item pictured is the one you will receive.
Each piece was personally designed & created by our greenhouse manager.
- Lighting: Should be bright but filtered (not direct sunlight). They can be grown in a windowsill no further than 2 feet away from a window.
- Water: Spritz the entire mounted tillandsia 2-3 times per week; more if you’re in a hot and dry area and less if it’s cool and humid. Plants need air circulation and should not remain wet a few hours after watering. DO NOT over water and allow the tillandsia to be constantly wet or sitting in water.
- Temperature: Optimal temperature range is 50-90F.
- Fertilize: You can use a bromeliad fertilizer (17-8-22) twice a month. Or other water-soluble fertilizers are sufficient at ¼ strength.
- As the tillandsia grows, it will put out a flower. If the plant gets too large you can remount the tillandsia onto a bigger wood piece, rock, seashell, etc. Use water soluble glue such as E-6000 adhesive.