- We will select a healthy, mature size plant similar to the sample photo.
- Plant will NOT have buds/blooms. May have new growth or spike, not guaranteed.
- The Mature leaves on this variety develop tiny spots - plant has been tested and is NOT diseased.
- Produces Beautiful Dark Lavender Blooms in Summer
- Average Plant Height: 12-15"
- Pot Size: 5 1/2"
- Bloom Size: 4-5.5"
- Orchid Care Instructions Included.
This particular clone, Rlc. Sachiko Tsugawa 'Volcano Queen’ is at a mature blooming stage. The parental cross for this clone is Rlc. Chia Lin x Rlc. Haruko Kanzaki. This orchid is planted in a 5 1/2” pot and will produce 4-5.5” blooms as shown in the product photo. Cattleyas are often annual bloomers. This variety tends to be a summer bloomer. However, it is always possible for it to bloom out of season. This plant is NOT currently in bud or flowering now.
General orchid care for Cattleyas include a temperature range of 75-85F during the day and 60F at night. 40-60% humidity is recommended. Bright, shaded light south-east or south-west exposure. Check the media and water only when dry (about 1-2 times/week). We recommend fertilizing with a high phosphorus & potassium slow release blend to develop big blooms. As with all orchids, good air movement is essential. Repot these mature size orchids every 2 years.
Growing instructions are included with every order. Contact us daily via email or phone for additional care questions or concerns.
Beautiful orchid, very healthy plant.
The plant arrived in wonderful condition. The plan has new spikes growing and I hope to see blooms within the year!
Lovely plant. Can't wait to see it bloom
Outstanding can’t wait until it blooms. Just wondering when I should repot